Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Marriage

How beautiful is marriage!
It's not at all what I expected.
I expected it to be difficult. I expected to struggle through service. I expected it to be more difficult to communicate after marriage. I expected less romance and more of a struggle to blend two lives. I expected to be insecure and unable to meet expectations. I expected more tension between us.

It's been nothing like I expected.

I seriously LOVE being married. I love the pureness and cleanness I feel. I love the openness and ease of communicating about everything. I love the acceptance for every aspect of me. I was seriously surprised to enjoy serving him! I love the security I feel in his love and I love how that pours over into my interactions with other people. I love how it helps me to understand God's love. I love seeing how God has extravagantly poured out His blessings on us even though we absolutely don't deserve it.

I know it's only week two, but I am going to believe it only gets better from here.

1 comment:

  1. oh. it does. for suuuuuuure. :)

    keep blogging. you have good reflections!

    ReplyDelete